After unprecedented heat and drought persisting throughout the Summer of 2016, time again for Korea’s second-most adhered Holiday Season (after Lunar NEW Years). This year the Official Holidays for Korean ThanksGiving falls into three days of September 14 Wednesday, 15 Thursday and 16 Friday but it is bridged to the Weekend of 17 Saturday and 18 Sunday, so we’re looking a real Golden Holiday Weekend 😉 be it work for you, or against depending upon your sort of work and position .
Once again, as every-other year when I get the time to Post Closed Dates of larger markets on Traditional Korean Holidays (for computers and electronics : yonder onto our affiliate Korea Tech BLog) dates differ upon building-by-building in both NamDaeMun (South Gate with more varied merchandise) and DongDaeMun (more organized for textile, apparel and toys) . to confuse matters more : some floors differ on larger buildings . thus even though below I have gathered as precise-as-possible dates from various quite-dependable sources : the most surest way is see for yourself, their announcement-on-paper stuck at the entrance of each building .
– Last Update September 7 Wednesday noon –
[ NORTH-WEST] ( bedding and fabric )
[ NORTH-EAST] ( toys, shoes, birds and aquarium )
[ WEST BLOCK ] ( consumer retail )
- PyeongHwa ShiJang (THE old, famed Peace Market) Close September 15 Thursday ~ 18 Sunday .
- Tong-il SangGa (ReUnification Market) Close September 14 Wednesday ~ 18 Sunday .
- DongWha SangGa (DongHwa Market) close 14 Wednesday to 17 Saturday .
- DooTa : Open ALL ~ along !
- ChungGae6 UnderGround Shopping Center : mostly will be open throughout the holidays
- Migliore : Closed September 14 Wednesday and 15 Thursday
- Good Morning City : will close September 14 Wednesday and 15 Thursday only .
[ EAST BLOCK ] ( whole-sale )
- ShinPyeongHwa (NEW Peace) Fashion Town : close September 14 Wednesday and will re-open 19 Monday evening .
- NamPyeongHwa SangGa (South Peace Market) underground and ground Floors (ground floor is first-floor in Korea and the Orient) close September 13 Tuesday until 19 Monday, while second and third floors close from 14 Wednesday .
- Max Style : T.B.A.
- Jeil PyeongHwa ShiJang (First Peace Market) to close September 13 Tuesday 5:30pm to re-open 18 Sunday 9pm
- GwangHee Fashion Mall : closed from September 14 Wednesday to reopen 18 Sunday night
- BelPost : Close September 14 Wednesday to re-open 18 Sunday night
- HaeYang Elicium : to close September 14 Wednesday and re-open 19 Monday night
- Art Plaza : Close September 14 Wednesday ~ 18 Sunday .
- DongPyeongHwa Fashion Town (East Peace Market) underground Floor close September 13 Tuesday until 18 Monday, while ground ~ third floors close from September 14 Wednesday ’til 19 Monday
- DongDaeMun Techno should close September 13 Tuesday to open again 18 Sunday night ..
- ChungPyeongHwa Shijang (Blue Peace Market) will close September 13 Tuesday to re-open 18 Sunday night .
- Theot : Close September 13 Tue.8am to re-open 18 Sunday 11:50pm
- U:US T.B.A.
- Nuzzon Fashion Mall : Close September 14 Wednesday until 17 Saturday
- Designer Club : Close September 14 Wednesday to re-open 18 Sunday night
- Golden Town : Closed September 14 Wednesday~18 Sunday
- APM Lux : Close September 14 Wednesday to re-open 18 Sunday night
[ SOUTH-WEST ] ( newer consumer retail buildings )
- Hello APM : Close September 14 Wednesday and 15 Thursday
- Lotte Fit-in : will close ONLY on actual ThanksGiving Day on September 15 Thursday .
( unmapped )
- APM Fashion Mall : Close September 14 Wednesday to re-open 18 Sunday night
- Studio W : Close September 14 Wednesday to re-open 18 Sunday night
– Korea Expat BLog –