Korea Expaat BLog presents :
– Frequently Asked Questions –
WHAT YOU ALWAYS WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT
SHOPPING AND LIVING IN SOUTH KOREA
( but was simply too busy p-a-r-t-y-i-n-g once I got here )
– answers coming up –
ASIAN CULTURE & POLITICS :
- OK, this is Asia right ? what’s the difference between China, Japan and Korea ?
- and then what is the difference between North and South Korea ?
- seems right up on the border is the last-standing dictatorial regime on this planet
– any chance of us getting ‘nuked’ once there ?
THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA A.K.A. SOUTH KOREA IN GENERAL :
- how safe are the cities in South Korea ?
- what are Korean people like ? Really .
- in general, are Koreans trust-worthy people to do business with ?
- can I get around with just English and is Korean language easy to learn ?
- where is the place with the most chance of spotting popular K-Stars of the recent HanRyu fame ?
- what foreign nationalities form the bulk of expats or expatriats there ?
- is it true I can teach English in South Korea with just any degree ?
- what is with this sudden nation-wide obsession to learn English ?
- my friend got a fake degree and parted for South Korea to teach English .
– what are the chances of him / her getting caught ?
- how casual is illegal drug use there AND legal consequences ?
WORKING AND LIVING IN SOUTH KOREA :
- I have been offered jobs in several cities, which should I choose ?
- are there good schools for our children ?
- should bring my car over ?
- can I bring my pet dog when I will be there for a year or two ?
– AND is it pretty easy to find a trustful vet ?
- do they /really/ eat dogs out there ? gulp .
- are there many Western food outlets in South Korea ?
- are there enough place places to p-a-r-t-y ? AND where ?
- is it pretty easy to find a place to stay ? like a studio apartment ?
- what is the general opening hours for stores in South Korea ?
- can I keep using my bank account AND credit card from the States, once in South Korea ?
- will my cell phone – subscribed to an American carrier – work in South Korea ?
AND SHOPPING :
- inCheon Airport is a grand maze .. are electronics products in Duty-Free Shops much cheaper than in-land Korea ?
- there is quite a list of shopping districts on this site .
– what is the real difference between them ?
– I mean, which should I check out if I have only a few days in Seoul ?
– and which is your favourite ?!
- OK, r-e-a-l-l-y : are those Korean products – from automobiles to traditional dolls – worth buying ?
- Which line of products are considerably more expensive, and then cheaper than States-side ?
- What is the best souvenir gift to bring back home from South Korea ?
– Korea Expat Blog, February 2009 –