Korea is an old country so tradition means a lot, even in the age of Technologically advanced cell-phones . thus families make massive exodus (although just for the Holiday Weekend) across a Peninsula transversible in five-hours via High-Way, to go back to their home-town and pay respects to elders – although vacation over-seas are increasing much . Korea’s most revered Holiday is ThanksGiving – although dates differ from American – and then comes Chinese New Years, and then New Years, where the latter is mostly for celebration among the young, and Official Holiday is just one-day exactly on January 1st where-as the government gives the former two TWO more days before-AND-after the date to let time for transportation . put all these into account and you will know this Western calendar NEW Years is for shopping than family affair, so store would open than close, especially in the age of competition from On-Line Stores . in 2019 this falls upon a Tuesday so no long Golden Weekend this year ~ again geographically from North (where the actual old East-Gate “DongDaeMun” lies and just East of it is CheongGyeCheon Shoes WholeSale block) clock-wise to North-East..
- CheongGyeCheon Shoes WholeSale closes for 3 days: December 31 Monday ~ January 2nd Tuesday .
( South Block )
- ShinPyeongHwa SangGa (NEW Peace Market) closes December 29 Saturday 5pm to re-open January 2nd Wednesday 9pm.
- NamPyeongHwa ShiJang (South Peace Market) closes December 29 Saturday until January 1st Tuesday .
- Jaeil PyongHwa SangGa (First Peace Market) closes 2018 December 29 Saturday 5pm and opens again on January 2nd Wednesday 9am.
- BelPost (newly reopen in place of Area6) will close December 29 Saturday 5am to re-open at January 2 Wednesday 8am.
- DongPyeongHwa SangGa (East Peace Market) closes December 30 Sunday and re-opens January 2 Wednesday morning .
( South-East Block )
- Team204 closes December 29 Saturday to re-open January 2 Wednesday 8am.
- Nuzzon (New Zone) will close December 29 Saturday ~ January 1st Tuesday to open 2nd Wednesday 8pm.
- apM closes for 4 days on 2018 December 29 Saturday until January 1st Tuesday to open 2 Wednesday 8pm.
( South-West Block )
- Migliore (pronounced Millioray) is OPEN Christmas Day Tuesday 2018 and only closes NEW Years Tuesday .
- DongHwa SangGa (East Peace Market) ground and higher floors 1~4 will close December 30 Sunday to re-open January 2 Wednesday morning, while under-ground floor will close December 29 Saturday to re-open January 2 Wednesday evening .
- GwangJang (SiJang is further West of DongDaeMun SiJang-Market which is just West of the old DongDaeMun Gate) Market closes December 29 Saturday morning to re-open January 2nd Wednesday evening 2019 .
for first-time visitors to the Peninsula, please check DongDaeMun Map on Top-Menu although names of some buildings (still called “ShiJang for Market” as the whole building is one) have changed since .
– Up Up, and Away ~ Korea Expat BLog