World-renowned Chinese dumplings in steam varieties can now be had in Seoul, South Korea in 3 locations . the original company in Taiwan in conjunction with a Korean company first established this restaurant in fashionable MyungDong in 2005 their second branch in young KangNam 2006 and the 3rd 2008 near ‘Rodeo Road’ in the Southern satelite city of BunDang .
all branches are pretty large for a restaurant, still packed during mealtime you will have to wait among pretty elegant, suave clientelle .
because the main store in MyungDong is located in prime property in central downtown you have several subway routes to take :
- Line 1 ShiChung (City Hall) Station Exit 6 walk past Plaza Hotel and turn right . walk 2 large blocks passing Westin Chosun Hotel and Singapore airlines and you will reach a vast intersection with fountain . look across the road and the immense glass building is Seoul Central Post Office . 2 buildings to the left is DTF .
- Line 2 EulJiRo IbGu Station Exit 6 walk straight 3 large blocks and you are at MyungDong West Entrance . but keep walking past Sony and just before the next big block is DTF to your left .
- Line 4 MyungDong Station Exit 5 walk straight 2 large blocks and at end turn right . again straight 2 blocks just past Seoul Central Post Office . at the entrance to the next block DTF is the 2nd building .
mind you : only the large sign can be seen from the road because the restaurant building is in a deep passageway . all branch open 11am ~ 10pm except KangNam branch ~11pm.
Din Tain Fung KangNam branch
– Subway Line 2 KangNam Station Exit 5 walk straight 2 blocks past Marche and before TGIF turn right, and DTF onto your right few building up .
Din Tai Fung BunDang branch
– BunDang Subway SeoHyun Station Exit 5 turn left at Toutes Les Jours Bakery, DTF in the next left alley .