Two Weekends from End of April to early May cramps a series of Korean National Holidays :
- April 30 Thursday is Buddha’s Birthday
- May 2 Saturday and 3 Sunday is May’s first Weekend
- May 5 Tuesday is Childrens’ Day
- May 8 Friday is Parents’ Day although NOT a holiday, when sons and daughter no-matter their age pins a carnation flower on each parents’ collars to thank them for raising them,
- May 15 Friday is Teachers’ Day also NOT a holiday, when pupils current and graduates alike visit their classroom teachers’ homes with perhaps a cake to sit down and chat for an hour-or-so .
all shopping outlets will be open as usual, including NamDaeMun (South Gate) and DongDaeMun (East Gate) Markets as well as YongSan Electronics Districts especially in note that customers were scarce during this Corona Virus stay-home Months .
today is also the first day that ‘0’ No new patients were diagnosed with this Pandemic and its citizens are in relief with air to breath and relax as highways and domestic airports are congested with travelers (while international airport is still virtually empty), but second and third wave of this epidemic is to caution !